Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Hath Hell frozen over? Quite possibly. 2 days in a row of blogging...the devil has put on his shawl.

As I sit here in a random Starbucks in Falls Church, VA sipping ever so slowly on my Iced Venti unsweetened iced coffee, I felt the allure of my blog tuggin' on my scrotum... or that was a midget prostitute..... either way, nothin' beats a good tug of the scrote. But back to the blog.

For years I've been writing a daily affirmation. Every day I write the same affirmation, 25 times, in my college ruled notebook. I write my daily affirmation 25 times a day until it is true. Over the years I have changed my affirmation to encompass all aspects of my life that I feel need improving, and have had enormous success. I try to keep it realistic, cause I don't think any amount of writing could enlarge my penis and regrow my receding hairline....but at times I believe it could be worth a shot. My current affirmation is this:

I am an amazing auditioner who books principle roles.

My last affirmation (I am a great singer who can tell a story through song.) came true... and of course this is totally subjective... but I believe it to be true. Writing that every day allowed that statement to become part of my mindset....and with that thought process I began to welcome actions into my life that would lead to the confirmation of that affirmation. So.... now I am faced with my current affirmation. Recently, while sitting at another random Starbucks (those bitches better put me on payroll)
I was writing my daily affirmation when some annoying barista, obviously unaware of how badly someone NOT MAKING EYE CONTACT, keeping their head down, and writing intensely in notebook DOESN'T want to be spoken to, decided to speak to me. "Hey, do you mind if I ask what you're writing?" Breaking my deep concentration, I unzipped my pants and peed on him. (in my mind) After internally laughing at him wiping my urine off his coffee-ground covered smock, I said I was writing my daily affirmation. "Do you mind if I ask you what it is?" he continued....completely oblivious that I had just took a giant turd on his shoe. "I am an amazing auditioner who books principle roles," I said curtly.....since I don't usually speak to people covered in feces....even imaginary. Still not taking the hint, Barista Annoying asked, "Well, is it true?" Having no other body fluids at hand (coffee dehydrates me) I plainly answered..... and summing up the point of this whole story, "If it was true, I wouldn't be writing it." I will write this daily affirmation until it is true. And once that happens... I will move on to the next one. Every day I write this affirmation, I think about all the actions that will make it come true..... Continuing my voice lessons, audition workshops, vocal coachings, acting classes, audition after audition..... All this is part of the journey to the next gig. But the next gig won't come until I become '...an amazing auditioner who books principle roles."

Good day.... Good night.... and don't interrupt me while I'm writing my daily affirmation or I might take a dump on you.

Ven


2 comments:

Stephen R. said...

First off, congratulations on your two year run in LEGALLY BLONDE. And thanks for posting this. I'm not much of a journal-keeping guy, but I definitely understand the power of writing the same affirmation 25 times every day. Mind if I steal your idea?

And as for the barista, please go back to that Starbucks tomorrow. And if he's there and he talks to you, PLEASE pee on him. Unless, of course, he's into that. If he is, deny him. It'll drive him crazy. :)

Break legs this week. I saw the show when it was here in Chicago. You are amazing in it.

Ven Daniel said...

Thanks Stephen!

Feel free to steal the 'affirmation' idea! We're all in this together!!!